General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby Mr Aids » December 29th, 2011, 8:28 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Ghost Trick was made by the dude who did the Phoenix Wright Games so I'd give that a look.

Also if you haven't already played them get Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations and Apollo Justice Ace Attorney.

Yeah I've finished Miles Edgeworth and Apollo Justice but I haven't played Ghost Trick, I'll check it out!
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » December 29th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Hey Kona, should I just take KoNavigation out of the clan since KoNavigator is in now? It looks like you haven't even touched the game with the other one. It'll look a bit odd to other clan members to see two of your accounts on there, haha.

Crystalbear wrote:Didn't Square-Enix once consider doing a 3DS remake for FF VI? That'd be pretty good actually...

FFV and VI. Yeah, they've talked about it and hopefully they do it, also hopefully in one collection. FFV is so underappreciated, it'd help more people play it if it came bundled with a FFVI remake as well, but I wouldn't complain about them being separate as long as Square actually did a FFV remake at all. <3
As for 3DS suggestions it's hard to say since I've only played a handful of them myself. Smash Bros. is far from being out on the 3DS unfortunately but if you don't want that I guess DOA and SSFIV are out of the question. That just leaves Rayman 3D and Star Fox 64 3D, which are both great games, so maybe give those a try?

Mr Aids wrote:I'm wondering what DS games I should play. I seem to have run out.

All of these. At least the ones you haven't already played.

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Rayman Origins.

But why would you get that when you can get Great Escaaaaape? Then again Crystalbear might like Origins a bit more since it's so cartoony but Great Escape is so good. D:
Also I don't think Origins has been released on the 3DS yet.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » December 29th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Never really been that fond of Rayman or Star Fox to be honest. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Oh well, I spend more money on books nowadays anyway.
Crystalbear

Postby Afrohawkman » December 29th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Molly-sama wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:
Crystalbear wrote:Hmm... Not sure if I really like the 3DS all that much.

The thing is a total battery guzzler. I have 3D shut off, I have wireless turned off, my volume is at half, and yet it still needs charging after a single day of playing a game. It was several hours sure but still... Not to mention that the little light isn't exactly in the best of places, it's easy to miss the red light.

Yeah...then it starts blinking like, "HEY! LISTEN! Y U IGNORE MY PREVIOUS WARNING, THIS THING'S GONNA SHUT OFF IF YOU DON'T PLUG IN YOUR DAMN CHARGER! HEY! HEY! RRRR!!!"

At least that's my interpretation. I agree though, I wish the battery was better. Maybe one day they'll come out with a better battery. Still, glad I bought it day one launch. Being able to play all these games from my past has certainly been nice.

Sounds an awful lot like the PSP, lol.

Oh...oh my...you're right!

OH GOODNESS! WE HOUNDED SONY OWNERS FOR YEARS ABOUT IT AND NOW IT'S COME BACK TO HAUNT US! KARMA HAS BETRAYED US! D:

Crystalbear wrote:.....Guuuuyysssss, what sort of 3DS games should I consider purchasing? Sadly there doesn't seem to be a lot out right now.

- Super Mario 3D Land is pretty good. It's kind of easy until the massive amount of end-game content but it's overall a very fun game if you like Mario platformers.
- Sonic Generations I have but I haven't played it yet. I heard it's really good though. A lot of people have said it rivals the console versions.

I think besides Mario Kart that's all I have. They've been keeping me fairly busy so I don't really know what else.
Afrohawkman

Postby Raging Ghost » December 29th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » December 29th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Ahaha, this is great.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » December 29th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Mr Aids wrote:I'm wondering what DS games I should play. I seem to have run out.

All of these. At least the ones you haven't already played.

Hmm some of these might be interesting, thanks!
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » December 29th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Good to know, though every time I look through my games I question how generous/ungenerous I am with stars on the games, haha.

Spoiler! :
I'm trying to sum up the courage to play TF2 right now, but damn... I know I'm gonna be painfully rusty after so much SDGO...
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » December 29th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

<3 Criken, he's so awesome. :D

This is actually pretty well done! I played a little bit of a level before realizing it was made by Japan and got out of there as soon as I can though. They're notorious for extreme difficulty in games. Japan + Megaman = LOL U DEEEEED. Although the level I did play was fairly fair in Mega Man standards so I could be wrong. Still, it looks great! Almost like it should be a game in the Mega Man series.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » December 29th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:They're notorious for extreme difficulty in games. Japan + Megaman = LOL U DEEEEED. Although the level I did play was fairly fair in Mega Man standards so I could be wrong. Still, it looks great! Almost like it should be a game in the Mega Man series.

You... You realize the original Megaman was Japanese too? XD
I doubt you wouldn't be aware of that but your phrasing kinda makes it seem like you might not.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » December 29th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:They're notorious for extreme difficulty in games. Japan + Megaman = LOL U DEEEEED. Although the level I did play was fairly fair in Mega Man standards so I could be wrong. Still, it looks great! Almost like it should be a game in the Mega Man series.

You... You realize the original Megaman was Japanese too? XD
I doubt you wouldn't be aware of that but your phrasing kinda makes it seem like you might not.

Oh I'm fairly aware, but there's just something different about non-consumer Japanese made games. They tend to be quite difficult. That, and I'm kind of thinking of Megamari when I think of anything Megaman related from Japan. Non-consumer japan. You know what I'm trying to say. DIFFERENT PEOPLE MAKE IT. D:

In later news, Um. Is this an issue anymore? Because I honestly don't even know the purpose of this video. I mean, I found out after watching the video that it's just a marketing stunt to advertise their web series (Sexy Nerd Girl...yeah that's tasteful) but still, I felt this was just kind of...well unneeded. I guess I'm not as in touch with the online world now but I figured it really didn't matter who was playing as long as they were good at the game. But that's just me.
Afrohawkman

Postby ApaFox » December 29th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:I guess I'm not as in touch with the online world now but I figured it really didn't matter who was playing as long as they were good at the game. But that's just me.

Make that the two of us, my good chum.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 29th, 2011, 11:55 pm

I'm in touch with the online world and that is just......not an issue. I think the issue is Girls who play a game for 3 minutes and say they are a gamer.

If that is even an issue. I know lots of chicks who play video games.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » December 30th, 2011, 4:11 am

I got a beta key for Tribes Ascend. :O

Me and my friend are gonna activate it on his account and try it out. If it's fun I might try to get a key of my own so he and I can play together but for now we're gonna share an account. Hope it's fun.

*EDIT*
Actually if it's really fun I'll prolly just pre-order it and get a guaranteed key with some cool bonuses when it releases. 30 bucks ain't bad, but I guess only time will tell... And that time will probably be tomorrow. I don't want my sleeping schedule to get all fucked up again. Time for bed.

*EDIT*
I... I don't know how it came to this, maybe it's because I'm tired and not thinking straight but my friend went on the S4 forums, and the two of us composed a de-recruitment thread that he posted over there, hahaha. I kinda feel like a dick but I basically gave him some links and descriptions to throw in there for MMOs that people should be playing instead of S4. XD
It feels so trollish, telling people to stop playing the shitty new S4 and go play TF2/SDGO/DCUO/World of Tanks instead.

I do agree with my friend, though, it's depressing seeing how bad S4 is now. It was so awesome and had so much potential and even gets new content and weapons all the time which would be amazing if the game didn't make your one and only means of finding permanent items be a gambling mechanic with pathetically small chances of perms. I ate through half of the PEN I had from the last times I played S4. Like, 90K PEN... I made my way down to 50K-ish trying to get perms out of the Fumbi machine and all I walked away with was some orange hair.
(And FYI: It takes only 600 for the Hair capsule. 1K for shirts and 1.5K for weapons.)
Not only waste my time but wasted a bunch of PEN too. I guess that frustration makes me satisfied with our post over there. I'm not touching S4 ever again unless they make perms buy-able.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games