Secret Santa 2012 Head Elves!!! [Applications closed]

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Secret Santa 2012 Head Elves!!! [Applications closed]

Postby Smack Santa » November 4th, 2012, 5:29 am

Ho Ho Ho.

As a few of you appear to have noticed, the Smack Jeeves Secret Santa is upon us once more. Again, I am pleased to call out for volunteers to help this succeed.

For now, I am simply hunting for Head Elves:

They will be responsible for the administrative functions of the Secret Santa. They will be required to organise and split jobs between themselves, set up the webcomic profile, organise the secret santas (matching up, PMing, answering queries), upload the gifts (and link user profiles), find and organise the Gift Elves, and deal with scrooges, grinches and rule breakers. In order to make self-organisation easier, the number of these has once again been limited to three.

If you are interested please reply on this thread stating so. Applications will be considered until midnight GMT of the 11th of November, and results posted here by the 13th if not sooner. Apologies for not posting this sooner, but I wanted to wait for the smack-o-lanterns to be put away before starting the Christmas cheer.

Lots of thanks to any applicants, lots of luck to all participants, and a Happy Christmas to all! HO! HO! HO!

Well that's it folks! The applications are in and the Head Elves for 2012 have been chosen!

Sonic-ock

Nikkinoodles

HalfAssedChaos (whom we trust won't live up to his name)

I would also like to offer a post of Special Advisor to Ddraigneth, if she is interested.
Last edited by Smack Santa on November 14th, 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smack Santa

Re: Secret Santa 2012 Head Elves!!!

Postby Sonic-ock » November 4th, 2012, 6:37 am

Hoping to help out as a head elf this year!
Busy, busy.
Sonic-ock

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 4th, 2012, 6:38 am

I'd be more than glad to be a head elf, though I'll concede if there are enough other applicants, since I got to do it last year. :)
[Sketchbook][Deviant Display Case]
Also, spell-check just replaved "crecit" with "fervid," yet did nothing about "replaved." I wonder if I can downloaf a new dictionary.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Nikkinoodles » November 4th, 2012, 8:53 am

I'd like to be a Head Elf. I love organising stuff.

I'm not great at the interweby tech stuff but I'm pretty good at admin work and getting people to do what they're supposed to.
Eishiya said: wrote:groin attacks build character

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby pwnt2j » November 4th, 2012, 9:29 am

I'll be an elf
What do I have to do?
pwnt2j

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 4th, 2012, 9:58 am

pwnt2j wrote:I'll be an elf
What do I have to do?

Smack Santa wrote:They will be required to organise and split jobs between themselves, set up the webcomic profile, organise the secret santas (matching up, PMing, answering queries), upload the gifts (and link user profiles), find and organise the Gift Elves, and deal with scrooges, grinches and rule breakers.

Sign-ups for gift-giving will be later.
Also, spell-check just replaved "crecit" with "fervid," yet did nothing about "replaved." I wonder if I can downloaf a new dictionary.
Ddraigeneth

Postby epicness » November 4th, 2012, 7:17 pm

I'm kinda new to this ''Secret Santa'' thing,could anyone please tell me?
epicness

Postby eishiya » November 4th, 2012, 7:30 pm

epicness wrote:I'm kinda new to this ''Secret Santa'' thing,could anyone please tell me?

You should wait for the gift elf post for the details. Since you're new to this, the position of head elf isn't for you yet.

In short, though: Secret Santa is a gift-giving event. Everyone who signs up has to give a present to someone else who signed up. In the end, everyone ends up giving someone else a present, and everyone gets a present. People who "cheat" and don't give a gift are called "scrooges" and are usually not allowed to participate again.

On SJ, instead of physical presents, we make art for each other.
The "head elves" serve as administrators/organizers for the event, and the participants are called "gift elves."

Edit: Terminology fixed!
Busy, busy.
eishiya

Postby Smack Santa » November 4th, 2012, 8:00 pm

eishiya wrote:People who "cheat" and don't give a gift are called "grinches" and are usually not allowed to participate again.

Ho Ho Ho

To be precise, scrooges are people who don't give a gift. They are currently banned from participation in the next year's secret santa.

Grinches on the other hand are people who intentionally put an insulting lack of effort into their work and refuse to clean up their act when told by the head elves. They are banned from two year's secret santas, to give them plently of time to grow up.

Lists of scrooges and grinches can usually be found on the previous year's comic sites, several of which may be found on my profile.
Smack Santa

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 5th, 2012, 2:34 am

Smack Santa wrote:Lists of scrooges and grinches can usually be found on the previous year's comic sites, several of which may be found on my profile.

I've added links to the previous years on the front page for last year. I'm working on compiling the lists of Scrooges and Grinches, I'm not sure if Yakkity ever got around to that. If anyone knows where to find a Scrooge list for 2009, I can make sure we didn't have any repeat offenders.
Ddraigeneth

Postby eishiya » November 5th, 2012, 8:39 am

Whoops, sorry for forgetting about scrooges and getting the terms wrong!

Here's the scrooge thread for 2009 as an apology :'D!
Busy, busy.
eishiya

Postby Super Bluey » November 5th, 2012, 8:50 am

Yay, this is my first time being in Smack Jeeves during Christmas! :D
Super Bluey

Postby HalfAssedChaos » November 5th, 2012, 9:24 am

I wouldn't mind being a head elf. I've loved participating in the event these last few years and would love to help out with it more.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby LaMoop » November 6th, 2012, 8:45 am

I'm up for it. I'd rather not have anyone scrooged like I was the last two years in a row.
LaMoop

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 6th, 2012, 9:26 am

LaMoop wrote:I'm up for it. I'd rather not have anyone scrooged like I was the last two years in a row.

Sign-ups right now are only for the head elves who will be organising everything. If you just want to sign up to be a gift elf, to draw extra presents, that will be later.
Ddraigeneth

Next

Return to News